As i told in my previous post that my baby’s birthday is approaching fast. So i want to enlist all the memories associated with this year.I am getting very less time to write so i am not able to upload the pics i would upload the pictures of my sweetheart later.
Now today i would like to tell you my experience with what worked for me during this time and what didn’t.
1. Sleeping- My baby has always slept by being rocked and rolled, you need to walk, cuddle, sing songs etc. Please don’t make it a habit for your baby, let the baby get to learn the art of sleeping on his own or with least effort involved with your help. Purchase a rocker, swing, cradle to help you a bit. So that you get little time off, otherwise you will be exhausted and will hurt your back. I purchased a carry cot instead of a cradle but i feel that i made a mistake i should have purchased a cradle, bouncer or a swing. Do purchase any of them according to your budget.
2. Carry cot- I purchased it and it has been useful too. It didn’t help me to make my baby sleep in it even during her newborn stage, as i don’t feel it is comfortable for them. I used it for a long time. It has been used in her feeding time, then for her bathing too. It is quite convenient and economical. After 11 months my baby is now refusing to sit on it for eating and bathing.As she wants to play. But otherwise it came in handy for a long time some way or the other for 11 months.
3.Sippers- I purchased them when my baby was seven month old, first i brought a hard spout one of MEE MEE. Please don’t purchase a hard spout until your child is at least 10 month old, then I purchased a soft spout sipper from Nuby, it is better at a young age and safe too as it is spill proof. From 10 month she is drinking independently from it without creating a mess, she is drinking from other one too but that is not leak proof, so i give it to her when i am around, so that i can clean the mess.
4. Potty seat- I purchased a potty seat when my baby was eight month old. She began to sit by that time. You cannot potty train them this early but you can eliminate the mess and the number of dirty panties for sure if you are careful with their schedule. It really works. like my baby used to urinate every 20 minutes so if i used it during that time she would pee in it. same goes with the poo… early morning if i make her sit on it she will do. Now she understands what it is meant for, so if she feels the pressure she will do it otherwise she will refuse to sit.
5. Solids- I started solids in the 6th month.As suggested by my doctor one teaspoon increased to a bowl. Feel it is really safe as the baby is small and when you introduce something new, it takes time for their body to adjust so if you increase the quantity gradually you come to know the consequences that how is it affecting the child.
6. Nasal drops and aspirator- My baby had to use nasal drops since birth as the doctor advised for it, but i was scared to use aspirator. Youtube videos really helped and since i learnt how to use aspirator i can keep my baby neat, clean and healthy.
7. Round walker- Don’t purchase them i have bought one it actually slows down the process of walking and is not safe, i am trying my best to help my baby to walk and waiting eagerly lets see when see does it. i would recommend from my experience purchase a ride on which can be converted in a standing walker that will be more useful.
8. Self feeding- My baby has started feeding herself finger foods but still not touched meals as it will be a mess. well but now i will have to welcome the mess. So i am planning to purchase a booster seat or a high chair to start this program. Will update how is it going. But finger foods she loves like crackers, toast fingers,sandwiches, chapati, boiled carrot, banana, apple. Be sure that the pieces as small to avoid choking hazard.
9. Bibs- A must to have during feeding time. Long bibs are better than short ones as they will protect the entire clothing.
10 Toys- Stacking toys, push and pull along, all kitchen items without any sharp edges they simply love them, musical toys and ABC book to introduce them to their future.
11. Last but not the least lot of patience you will need it a lot as they try to get on to your nerves at times, as you have to manage other things also along with your baby. But if you get frustrated you will worsen the situation instead of managing it.
So just be patient and enjoy motherhood and childhood as it comes to you. Do what you feel is right and good for your baby as every child and every mother is different, and who else knows a child better than her mom.
Happy parenting…. enjoy every bit of it.